COVID 19 SAFE ACCOMMODATION ANNOUNCEMENT
Baruch Guesthouses are looking forward to welcome back all our regular and new guests.
We are registered as an Essential Service Provider and provide safe accommodation of the highest quality. We welcome guests who need quarantine accommodation or self-isolation accommodation.
Baruch guesthouses also welcome essential workers and we go the extra mile to ensure a homely, welcoming atmosphere after a hard day’s work! Due to our close proximity to Mediclinic Stellenbosch hospital, we also provide patient accommodation as well as accommodation for patient’s accompanying relatives or friends.
It is of the utmost importance to keep our guests and staff safe and protected at all times. We adhere to strict infection control measures as laid down by the World Health Organisation.
Our staff has been trained by a registered nurse with experience in infection control. Follow up training and evaluation of staff take place regularly. Staff is screened and temperatures are taken and recorded before the commencement of duties.
We are excited by the appointment of Baruch Guesthouses as a “Home away from Home”, when needed for medical doctor accommodation by the local private hospital. Dr. M.W. Scheepers, a medical specialist with Infection Control experience visits the guesthouses daily to screen staff and to ensure correct procedures are followed.
The following infection control measures are followed:
- Guests receive sanitized keys in a sealed bag
- Remote controls of televisions and air conditioners are sanitized daily
- Bathrooms and all surfaces in rooms are cleaned and disinfected with a 70% alcohol-based agent
- Staff wear protective clothing during cleaning and servicing
- All linen and towels are washed at a very high temperature
- All headboards have been covered in plastic to enable thorough sanitation
- At the end of guests’ stay, rooms have to be vacated at 9H00 to allow sufficient time for thorough cleaning and infection control measures
- All communal areas are sanitized on a continuously.
Rooms are well ventilated and remain vacant for 6 hours, allowing new guests to check-in from 16H00. It is important to note that all our rooms have cross ventilation and every room has either a patio or a balcony.
Air conditioners are not on a central system and each unit functions separately.
We also adhere to the highest hygiene standards in our kitchens, and when serving meals.
It is expected of guests and staff to wear face masks and to practice social distancing at all times.